About Touchstone Energy Cooperatives
SDREA is a Touchstone Energy® Cooperative. This means we are one of 740 cooperatives from 46 states nationwide. So what does that mean to you? Touchstone Energy co-ops collectively deliver power and energy solutions to more than 30 million members every day. Electric cooperatives distribute power for 75 percent of the U.S. land mass over 2.4 million miles of power lines.
Touchstone Energy is a national alliance of local, consumer-owned electric cooperatives providing high standards of service to their member-owners.
Touchstone Energy cooperatives serve their members with integrity, accountability, innovation and longstanding commitment to community. They are electric cooperatives that are active members of their communities, dedicated to serving commercial, industrial, agricultural and residential customers. Electric cooperatives were established to provide electricity to rural America, and now make up the largest electric utility network in the nation. Touchstone Energy is the national brand identity for that network.
When you see this logo, just remember the same dedicated people who have brought you high-quality, dependable electric service stand behind the Touchstone Energy® brand.
Did you know Electric Cooperatives ...
- Are located in 80% of the nation’s counties
- Are the largest electric utility network in the nation
- Total more than 900 local systems in 47 states
- Have 42 million member-owners
- Distribute power over 2.5 million miles of line
- Serve 75% of the U.S. land mass
- Own $130 billion in generation, transmission, and distribution assets
- More than 88% of all local electric co-ops offer electricity generated from renewable sources.