Electric co-ops are community-focused organizations that deliver safe, reliable and affordable energy to our consumer-members. Co-ops are unique because we belong to the community we serve, giving us better insight into our consumer-members' needs.
It takes a variety of skills to develop new technologies and infrastructure, keep the electric grid secure and power the lives and economy of our local community. We’re looking for individuals to lead the charge in meeting our community’s energy needs and helping to create a brighter future for all.
Below are current job opportunities:
Southeastern Electric Cooperative,
in the Sioux Falls, SD area, is looking for an Accounting Manager. This leadership position leads the
Finance and Accounting department and manages the accounting functions in a manner which produces
maximum results in financial accounting and related accounting services. This supervisory position will be
responsible for all general accounting activities and will prepare monthly reports and statements.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting or Business or
equivalent combination of education and experience. This position also requires the following skills:
• Ability to learn quickly and apply seasoned judgement as necessary to complete tasks and projects timely
and correctly with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience working with NISC (preferred).
• Excel and advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
• Possess a good command of the English language.
• Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking
• Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication experience in effectively communicating key information to a
wide range of both internal and external customers
Southeastern Electric offers competitive Pay of $90k+, Medical, Life, LTD, STD, Pension Plan, 401k Plan and
AFLAC, employer HSA contributions, wellness program incentives, and paid vacation, sick and holidays.
The Board of Directors of Wasco Electric
Cooperative (WEC) in The Dalles, OR, seeks a broad utility leader with strong interpersonal communications
skills to become their next General Manager. The Wasco Electric Co-op Board has retained NRECA Executive
Search to facilitate the search process. Reporting to a nine-member Board of Directors, the Wasco Electric Cooperative
General Manager is responsible for carrying out the strategic vision of the district that is set by the board.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader that understands distribution utilities, the regional power
environment and can positively influence and motivate others.
• Exceptional communication skills, both formally and informally: Listens, relates and expresses oneself in a
manner that is effective while supporting mutual understanding.
• Commitment to talent development, acquisition, and retention: Develops and empowers staff to achieve
results by championing and applying a systematic performance management process & coaching strategy.
• Ability to motivate and positively influence others: Motivates others towards an outcome consistent with
the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
• Member focus: Is proactive - not reactive - to the needs and concerns of the cooperative’s members.
• Ability to lead change and manage risk: Identifies and actively manages change and risk throughout the
• Program/Project Management: Designs, implements and manages multiple or ongoing programs/projects,
and directs the related resources, personnel and activities from inception through to successful completion.
• Community Engagement: Works to place the cooperative in a collaborative position to maintain and grow
• Solid financial understanding of cooperatives: Fluent with financial metrics and has a detailed understanding
of the key financial opportunities, as well as financial risks and budget processes.
• Strong focus on safety: Upholds and provides focus on the safety standards of the cooperative.
• Experience and Expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; an MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
• Education or Experience in Accounting & Finance, Engineering or Business is preferred.
• At least 5 years of leadership experience is required.
• At least 6 years of electric utility experience is required.
• MIP graduate or similar leadership program graduate is preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to community and an understanding of cooperative values will set you apart!
We provide a benefits package that includes:
• Generous NRECA medical, dental, and vision insurance.
• NRECA Retirement and Security Plan (R&S), at an upper-tier multiplier
• Life Insurance
• Monthly contribution to the employee’s 401 (k)
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If interested, please apply at https://nreca.applytojob.com/apply/Y5UWZxrQPe/Wasco-Electric-Cooperativ…
with the following: 1) Cover letter, 2) resume and 3) contact information (including emails) for 3 professional
references. Applications must be received by September 29, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact
Leigh Taylor, NRECA Executive Search, firstname.lastname@example.org. All replies are confidential.
West River Electric is hiring a member service representative in their Rapid City office. This position provides assistance to the members by performing the necessary steps in handling of payments and maintaining the member’s records and accounts to assure accuracy and conformity with West River’s accounting system.
The co-op offers comprehensive benefits, training and development, and a supportive environment. Qualifications needed for this position are excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task. A high school diploma or equivalent is required, and a two-year associate degree in a business field is preferred. Two years of general office experience in a customer service position is required. To Apply, visit www.westriver.coop and fill out the application online, or mail your completed application to WREA, Attn: Lilly Stone, PO Box 412 Wall, SD 57790 or email to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through Sept. 24, 2023.
Cherry-Todd Electric is looking to hire an apprentice/journeyman lineman. This position is located in Mission, S.D., and is open until Oct. 6 by 5 p.m. Job applications can be found on their website – cherry-todd.com. For more information, call Mark Iyotte (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Colleen Farley (email@example.com) at 605-856-4416.